Free Printable Nurse Skills Checklist Template
The Nurse Skill Checklist That Should Be Completed To Be A Professional Nurse
Nurses work with doctors, therapists, or patients either in hospitals, health centers, clinics, medical centers, or in the patient’s house which is often referred to as home care. To achieve optimal care and function, a nurse must have a nurse skill checklist.
Samples of Nurse Skills Checklist :
What roles/skills should a nurse have?
Providing Nursing Care
A nurse must be able to provide good nursing care (caregiver) to the patient and the environment to meet basic human needs.
- Provide care and hygiene needs of patients.
- Manage portions and nutritional intake and patient diet.
- Help move patients to and from the bed.
- Helps patient mobility.
- Set a schedule for seeing a doctor and taking medication.
- Check vital signs.
As an Advocate
Nurses must be able to help patients and families interpret various information. Also, nurses must be able to defend and protect various rights that are owned by patients, including:
- Right to the best service.
- The right to disease information.
- The right to protection of personal information.
- The right to self-determination.
- The right to receive compensation for negligent health services.
As an Educator
It is the next nurse skill checklist. In this case, the nurse can also be called an educator, the delivery of information is addressed to the patient, family, or community through knowledge related to nursing and received medical treatment.
As a Consultant
There are also the points of the nurse as a guide are:
- Identify changes in the interaction patterns of patients in a healthy-sick state.
- Planning methods to increase adaptability.
- Counseling regarding health problems according to the priority given to patients, families, and communities.
- Integrate health experiences with past experiences that form the basis for planning methods.
- Problem-solving is focused on nursing, changing unhealthy living behaviors towards healthy living behaviors.
As Coordinator and Collaborator
A nurse must have a collaborative nature and good coordination among other health workers. While performing the role of coordinator, a nurse can do the following:
- Coordinating all nursing services.
- Organize the nursing staff who will be on duty.
- Developing a nursing service system.
- Provide information about information related to nursing services on health advice.
So, have the nurse skill checklist below to be a professional nurse!
Nurse Skills Checklist Template | PDF – download